Thursday 16 October 2014

Raking marathon


For a week or so it’s been manifest: we can no longer fake it but must start to rake it. 







Summer is certainly gone. It is about time to keep the rakes at hand and carry the garden furniture to the barn for the winter.





Except for the white chairs in the yard. They are of metal coated with enamel and one of the longest-lasting items I’ve ever found at an online auction. I’m afraid I used to be a bit of an addict, practically a pro at searching for fabulous finds for this place.






2 comments:

  1. Yes, certainly does seem like it's time to rake up summer's leftovers. We're putting everything away this weekend along with the pruning and sweeping up. Then the winter pansies start going in with the bulbs. Love an autumn clean!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been much of an autumn person but I've noticed a welcome change recently.

      Delete