Thursday 2 July 2015

Happily ever after

We spent last weekend in Rauma celebrating a wedding. With the permission of the bride, I am taking the liberty to post some photos of the party as I feel I contributed, at least slightly, to the fact that the groom was born in the first place.

Back in the 1980s, his mother and I were first colleagues and very soon the best of friends. When I had my daughter she was such a cute little doll-faced beauty my friend got smitten by a ‘baby fever’ so intense there was but one possible cure. Two years later, they had their third child, the ‘afterthought’, the present groom.



It was raining during the wedding ceremony that took place at the medieval Church of the Holy Cross but a little bit of rain on your wedding day is considered to bring good luck. Not that this happy couple needs much: they are not even 30 years old and they have already been together for a decade without losing any of the twinkle in their eyes!




The venue was a lovely old wooden house just outside the historical Old Rauma. The guests were offered an elegantly thought-out and perfectly executed programme which included everything from a mouth-watering banquet to a live band dance in a barn. We had so much fun we stayed several hours past hubby’s bedtime.









Once more, congratulations to the stunning newly-weds! May you always look in the same direction, come rain or come shine.



4 comments:

  1. Weddings are such lovely and happy occasions. I love the way you have captured those casual moments. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah. I am rather pleased with these photos myself, too.

      Delete
  2. Yes I agree that the weddings are such lovely occasions. The shots in this wedding have been captured perfectly. Well, in the next month I’ll also have the privilege to attend a royal wedding at the most beautiful and historical SF event venues. Feeling so excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. It must be fantastic to attend a wedding at such an exceptional venue. I've never been to San Francisco - yet.

      Delete