Monday 3 October 2016

He is no more

Two months ago today, only a few days after a most wonderful two-week holiday at the summer cottage, my daughter’s Tidy Tiger unexpectedly came to the end of his journey. The time of his life turned to an event that could be best described by an idiom too shocking to use when telling about the sudden passing of a loved pet. He just fell and that was it. A blood clot had entered his heart and nothing could be done.


I still can’t believe we will never meet the huge cuddly bundle of joy again. He would have been 10 this December. I can only imagine how much my daughter is missing him, even though she already hunted down a new companion for Sheena from a homeless cat rescue home but more about that after we have met the newcomer. 


The above photos were taken last year when the Maine Coons were staying at our place several weeks while my daughter was travelling. I was playing with the dramatic tone mode of my new camera. I could never have guessed I would publish them in such a sad connection but I am confident all is well for Tidy Tiger now. The below is my last photo of him sunbathing in late evening light on the rock by the sea keeping company to my daughter. You could tell he had a happy life.

More about the Maine Coons, for example, here, here and here.


10 comments:

  1. So sad it is so hard losing a pet, especially when it is unexpected. It must give you comfort to know that he enjoyed his holiday so much in your cottage. My thoughts are with you and your daughter. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah. He had some kidney problems and was on a special diet since a few months back but we didn't see this coming. Thank heaven he didn't have to suffer for long.

      Delete
  2. How adorable it is...it was...So sad, I can understand you friend.May all pets of this world could have the life, the affection he enjoyed by you.
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sometimes stayed with us for longer periods for a reason or other, once even for several months while there was a major constructional improvement going on in the apartment building my daughter lives in. He did feel like family and we miss him.

      Delete
  3. All our dear pets are so close to us and hard to understand when they are gone. Iiro, Fido, Piuha, Porri etc will have a party on the clouds of animal heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ones who never met may be friends by now. For all we know, there may be a connection through the humans they were dear to.

      Delete
  4. So sad for you at the moment. We try and prepare ourselves for moments like this but it is never easy. Such a beautiful cat. Lots of fabulous photos and happy memories I am sure. B xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barbara. He will stay in our hearts forever.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I am so sorry for the loss of this dear kitty. He was very handsome and your daughter must appreciate these wonderful photos. I had a Maine Coon all through my children's childhood. They are very special cats. Sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. They are special. He was very nosy and sociable and loved to be held and cuddled, which was wonderful to us. Our late Jack never sat in anyone's lap, not for a moment.

      Delete