Friday 23 March 2012

A run through Châteauneuf



One month to go until our departure to Spain and my fever has started to rise. I’ve spent a moment or two by the computer entertaining myself with scenes from our earlier trips to the Mediterranean. That is an occupation I will never get tired of.

Thank God for the Google maps! Without this service I could never have been sure about the names of all the villages we visited when making excursions from Nice during the trip I mentioned earlier. The only option would have been to ask the friend who was driving as he will remember everything. I tried to study my Michelin carte routière et touristique but found it impossible to trace every turn and simply had to consult the satellite view.



I’ve been to Grasse several times but there are so many roads leading to the perfume town that it was my first drive through and stop at this old village I had forgotten the name of and now learnt to be Châteauneuf-Grasse. Small, very quiet and so beautiful, naturally.

I don’t think you can experience anywhere else the same density of breathtakingly picturesque habitations as in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region in France. Especially in the Alpes Maritimes department every few kilometres will bring you to yet another ‘most beautiful little village in the world’.




When I look at these photos taken a few years ago as early as in March it’s becoming evident we’ll soon have to be – yet again – unfaithful to Italy and pay a visit to the south of France during the season when everything is blooming.



No comments:

Post a Comment